Lesbian Visibility Week – Capital Group video
29th April 2020
To mark Lesbian Visibility Week, member firm Capital Group have published a short film in which two employees, Julie Dickson and her colleague Constanze Sievers, discuss their experience of being open about their sexual orientation at work.
In this video (which is just six minutes long!) they cover a range of things including:
- their experiences prior to joining Capital Group and how that impacted their decisions on whether or not to be out at Capital Group
- what it’s like being out at Capital Group, being part of the CG Pride network, and the culture within the firm
- the importance of being out, being able to bring your whole self to work and the impact of this on personal performance
- statistics on how many lesbians are out in the workplace
- advice for lesbians struggling to come out at work
- and the importance of visibility, of allies, and what allies can do to support their LGBT+ colleagues.